Release status: unknown
Translate the BootStrapSkin skin if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix;|
The present page is only intended as a quick summary. Please visit https://mediawikibootstrap.org/ for fuller details and demonstrations.
- Includes twelve colour stylesheets; Black, blue (the default colour), brick, brown, gray, green, leaf, pink, purple, red and turquoise, in addition to a rtl version. Just open
bootstrap/bootstrap/css/bootstrap-blue.cssto the appropriate color style, found in
- Colour classes. The skin offers 23 colour classes (including 4 default Bootstrap colours, namely "info", "success", "warning" and "danger"), 5 shaded colours (dependant on the skin colour i.e. 5 shades of blue, brick, brown etc) and a further 14 custom colours, all of which can be applied to any of the typography items.
- 'Typographical' features in the broad sense of the term. There are currently 27 such features that can be included into MediaWiki articles using nothing more than
ultags. No raw html input is required. All of the typography can be added using only tags allowed by MediaWiki. More features will be included over time. Some of the more popular ones are:
- Carousel (preferred setting
"$wgAllowExternalImages = true;"in LocalSettings.php)
- FontAwesome, Glyphicons and Fam Fam icons
- Social buttons
- BootStrap Prettify
- Horizontal and vertical info boxes
- In-content dropdown navigation
- Dismissable/Sortable/Removable Portlets - Can be set to 'opened' or 'closed' on page load
- Tooltips - Position can be set to top, bottom, left and right
- Popovers - As above
- Modals - Use any of the features in the Modal
- Carousel (preferred setting
- Visit the website for a complete list of features as well as guides on adding them to your site.
As of version 1.0.43 BootStrapSkin is mobile friendly. Prior to release it was tested by a handful of users and the core team on the iPhone 4/5, HTC 1/8, Nokia Lumia, Samsung Galaxy, Google Nexus, iPad mini, Kindle Fire, Acer A500 and Blackberry Playbook.
The BootStrapSkinSidebar Extension and Mediawiki admin/user links are hidden when viewed on small devices and the font is reduced dependant on the screen sizes, 13px for small devices and 12px for extra small devices.
- For general documentation on the use of skins, see Help:Skins.
- Download, extract and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
require_once "$IP/skins/strapping/strapping.php"; $wgDefaultSkin = "strapping"; // Also invoke dependencies (included in the zip) require_once "$IP/skins/strapping/StrappingExtension.php"; require_once "$IP/skins/strapping/extensions/WikiArticleFeeds/WikiArticleFeeds.php"; require_once "$IP/skins/strapping/extensions/Gallery/Gallery.php";
- Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the skin is successfully installed. Done - Navigate to
If in doubt see here for recent instuctions.
Older versions remain active and downloadable, though please refer to separate installation instructions.
- 0.0.38 - Released 17th June 2014 -
- 0.0.39 - Released 23rd June 2014 - Changed naming convention
- 0.0.41 - Released 3rd July 2014 - Corrected an error which meant radio's and check boxes were not displaying.
- 1.0.42 - Released 25th July 2014 - Removed lightbox bug, moved personal links, added several new features and footer icons.
- 1.0.43 - Released 22nd August 2014 - Substantial mobile viewing improvements, solved search (autocomplete issue), custom footer and new extension.
- 1.0.44 - Released 10th July 2016 - Used explicitly for pro versions of the skin.
- 1.0.46 - Released 12th March 2015 - New Hadron Skin - proposed release date August 2015.
- 1.0.47 - Released 5th November 2015 - Nexus 4 System - Duel Mediawiki skin and Wordpress theme.
- 2.0 - Release date 24th January 2018 Download from - https://mediawikibootstrap.org/
Other skins and extensions based on Bootstrap: