Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is the monthly update for 2018-07
- Wikipedia for iOS released a first beta of the next major version, 6.0.0. This update includes a fully user controlled Explore feed, similar to the recent changes on Android. It also includes major design and navigation improvements.
- Page Previews now aborts in-flight requests if the user has shifted their focus (see https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T197700), resulting in less data being sent to the user. Indeed, Page Previews is now sending ~25% of the requests that it used to at peak.
- We are continuing work on advanced mobile contributions. We conducted more than 20 interviews with editors at Wikimania and collected information on the most requested pages and workflows for editing and contributing on mobile.
- Doing definition work for T199096ː Add support for wikidata summaries in the /page/summary/ endpoint consulting with Wikidata and Readers web team
- Page Content Service: Improving mobile-html (fka. content-html) endpoint output. Added several transformations from the #wikimedia-page-library.
- T198622ː Migrating maps servers to stretch with the current style and subtasks (Mapnik library upgrades for the stretch migration)
- New Reader updates can be found at Meta.
- Video downloads will start being produced in VP9 format soon