This is the monthly update for 2018-06
- Android released a number of new features that improve support for multiple languages when searching for articles or browsing the Explore feed, as well as miscellaneous performance and stability enhancements. Download the new version on Google Play.
- Continuing work on PDF rendering and mobile page issues/notices.
- Planning for Q1 work, including advanced mobile contributions. Feedback on the current proposal is highly appreciated.
- Bug fixing for the Wikimedia Reading List extensions, finished QA for the Safari extension, will be publishing soon (phab:T191998).
- Deployed improvements to the REST endpoint for page references (phab:T170690).
- Working on adding language variant support to mobile content service REST endpoints, now that Parsoid added support (phab:T197792 phab:T197009).
- New Reader updates can be found at Meta.
Events and News
- Readers will be hosting user testing at Wikimania. The focus of the testing is around features in the Android and iOS versions of the Wikipedia app and improvements to the mobile web interface. More information on the Wikimedia 2018 site.