Outreach programs/Possible mentors
Please also read what possible and actual mentors need to know.
Potential mentors, just for reference. If former mentors are missing, just add them.
- Brian Wolff.: Particularly interested in any project where the student is a member of the relevant community the project is targeting, and the student came up with the project him/her-self to fix a problem that they are actually encountering.
- Jeroen De Dauw: I'm involved with both Semantic MediaWiki and Wikidata and willing to mentor interesting projects related to either. I prefer to mentor students who already have a decent background with doing development work.
- Yury Katkov: I'm involved in developing extensions for MediaWiki and Semantic MediaWiki plus I'm active community member focused on bringing MediaWiki closer to a 3rd party companies and developers.
- Siebrand Mazeland: Available for helping with the student selection process, available as a mentor if really needed. I'm not really a developer, but I have a little experience in working with them.
- Yuri Astrakhan: Will mentor most of the external API related work.
- Tyler Romeo: I'm available to mentor the E:CSS, E:UploadWizard, the XML sitemaps extension, automatic category redirects, and/or E:OEmbed*. Which one I do I'll leave up to somebody who has a better idea of which projects WMF would prefer. Depending on the time commitment involved, I may be able to mentor more than one project.
- Thomas PT: I'm available as co-mentor for Wikisource-related proposals. I won't be able to help in June and the begin of July but I'll be very pleased to help in August.
- Yaron Koren: Semantic MediaWiki, Semantic Forms, and related extensions.
- James Forrester: VisualEditor related projects.
- Niklas Laxström: internationalization projects.
- Santhosh Thottingal: internationalization projects.
- Federico Leva: willing to co-mentor Tools for mass migration of legacy translated wiki content as Meta-Wiki community liasion.
- Runa Bhattarcharjee: internationalization projects.
- Ariel Glenn: Wikimedia offline projects.
- Kelson: Wikimedia offline projects (openZIM/Kiwix).
- Matt Flaschen: Prototyping inline comments and SASS/LESS support for ResourceLoader
- Rusty Burchfield: CSS extension projects.
- Michael Dale: Multimedia / HTML5 related projects.
- Sam Reed: Bugzilla-MediaWiki extension.
- Katie Filbert: Wikidata-related projects.
- Pau Giner: internationalization projects.
- Amir E. Aharoni: internationalization projects, right-to-left languages, translation, outreach.
- Jan Luca Naumann: MW-Moodle-extension
- Stephan Gambke: I contribute to extensions connected to Semantic MediaWiki and would mentor in that area.
- Željko Filipin: Browser Test Automation
- Zaran: willing to co-mentor the proofread page extension refactoring.
- Nischay Nahata: I would be available to co-mentor projects related to Extension:UploadWizard.
- Micru: Available to co-mentor the Book upload customization project.
- Sébastien Santoro: I'm offering to mentor Wikimedia Commons related projects. I'm also available for a more generic project for a student who comes from another language and would like to learn PHP / improve PHP skills.
- Kartik Mistry: Internationalization projects, translation.
- John Vandenberg: especially Pywikibot, but also development practises and tools.
- Tony Thomas : ready to help with MediaWiki extensions, E-mails and PHP! ( not in OPW 11 round )
- Ankita Shukla : Available to co-mentor projects Implement HTML e-mail support in MediaWiki and Technology to transclude git content into wiki pages
- Yann : Available for Wikisource and Commons related projects.
- AbdealiJK: especially Pywikibot.
- Marielle Volz: Citoid related projects.