Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 2018-11-29
- 2 2018-11-28
- 3 2018-11-27
- 4 2018-11-26
- 5 2018-11-21
- 6 2018-11-20
- 7 2018-11-19
- 8 2018-11-15
- 9 2018-11-14
- 10 2018-11-13
- 11 2018-11-12
- 12 2018-11-08
- 13 2018-11-07
- 14 2018-11-06
- 15 2018-11-05
- 16 2018-11-01
- Sorting out the properties process options
- Stuff for my team
- AbuseFilter UX
- Search results wireframing, continued
- working on error msg display for abuse filter - thought I'd have it ready by now, but have a kinda disturbed afternoon (school bus blocked by an overturned tractor!)
- responding to process email (sorry)
- bothering Alan about financial projections
- A few meetings to start the day
- Catching up on a few things, I think I'm nearly recovered
- Making a decision on hiring tomorrow
- Meetingpalooza returns!
- Beta is *supposed* to be back up, going to try to do testing there. UPDATE: Beta is not okay.
- Hiring update
- Apparently troubleshooting labs/beta in between meetings
- AbuseFilter designs
- Taking part in Wikipedia editing training (2rs): https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T207503
- Everything is awesome! (and by awesome I mean broken - e.g. beta and labs)
- Started on system stories yesterday, will continue to do so today
- Bugging Cormac and James about various coding things
- moving postion of structured data and order of languages MERGED!
- was looking at UW and depicts
- now gonna look at error reporting on captions on UW
- Illustrious privilege of dealing with DMV stuff today...
- More catch-up because it never ends
- Will try to QA Beta again (if it works), if not, more testing of AbuseFilter on labs
- Working on "system stories" that detail all these new "How is this supposed to work?" questions with this new platform
- Dipping a toe back into 3-5 year planning stuff
- wireframing search results
- meeting prep for tomorrow's many-meeting day
- Gah, everything about MediaWiki is terrible.
- Working with Cormac (with much-appreciated help from Daniel) on the T205891 patch. We got it working except it breaks other extensions like Cite, which means we didn't get it working. Cormac's now working on approach #4, which we have a good feeling about.
- Need to work out exactly what's broken with Beta Cluster still, sorry.
- As James says - working on T205891 (which is moving the captions and ordering the languages)
- wireframing search results
- meeting w/ ramsey after retro/task(???) planning
- later this week (Wed) will be in a two-hour workshop for editing wikipedia
- Talking with team members about property creation inspiration
- Getting the beta announcement out when we're ready
- Car shopping
- Catching up on tickets that came in during the holiday
- Back to QA on Beta
- Getting into debates as necessary :)
- PL: Retro or TP
- That was some kind of a break
- Catch-up time
- Not much MCR update today, they're trying to keep plugging away at our blockers
- Do you need things from me?
- WMDEF trip, Ramsey?
- Talking again to Wikidata team about my work on T209736 and T208993
- Need to pick back up review, starting with Cormac's patch for T205891 (yay)
- Find out why Beta is still broken for Ramsey
- T205891 is a work in progress still ... bugfixing on language order, and generally tearing my hair out
- Mainly non-SDC stuff today, CommRel strategic planning
- Gonna read some old property proposals and cry a little bit about what we need done
- Labs instance appears to be working. For how long? Who can say. (we're getting migrated on 11-28)
- Meeting day!
- Probably skipping out after the last meeting to go grocery shopping. We'll see how much I can get done in between things.
- Been iterating on search results (will continue)
- Thoughts on Image Annontator & AI suggested tagging
- FORGOT: have to test AbuseFilter also!
- So many meetings. Not gonna be my most productive day.
- Yesterday i started testing AbuseFilter on labs. It halfway works. Need to get in there more, will try to today. DON'T! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE ON HOLIDAY!
- Catching up on ticket updates
- Moving the content is working - haven't submitted a patch yet, because I'm having to do the babel/language stuff at the same time
- Happy monthly Google Logs You Out Day
- A few meetings to get out of the way early today
- Catching up on email, phab, etc.
- A few things to wrap up on hiring (brief update)
- David from Search is going to take a look at our Labs instance to work out what's not working.
- Iterating on search results page
- Some progress.
- moving those captions isn't going well, let's talk about it
- QA was disrupted by beta move yesterday. Hoping for improvement today.
- had a meeting with Lydia and Lea from WMDE about community property creation (results are not promising, but we're gonna try)
- can't make standup
- Finalizing help page for captions
- been trying to find a way to change the position of the structured data on the File page without using js
- don't know what to do next with the back button thing
- One of these days I'll get used to my new laptop's keyboard
- MCR team update
- AbuseFilter stuff - patch shouuuuuld be up on the labs instance ready for testing(?) but waiting for confirmation there
- SlotRoleHandler - could be a while. What are our options?
- Hiring update (brief)
- Looking over remaining blockers.
- My collection of known stuff is https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T205732#4754518
- Is trying to leave you all alone to get shit done
- But ping me if you need me!
- Going over the search results filter bar requirements with Ramsey today, as well as sharing some initial sketches
- E-mail threads on SlotRoleHandler and AbuseFilter
- Testing on Labs for AbuseFilter fixes if it's there
- did an interview
- bugfixing ...
- Hiring stuff: Some interviews today and tomorrow, possible offer
- Meetings most of the day
- Otherwise, keeping up with emails and trying to get back into other work (Phab/Gerrit rounds basically)
- Head still like glass from yesterday's migraine, taking it easy
- Sandra finished up her newsletter stuff, so finishing that up
- Need to close the statements conversation
- Non-SDC stuff
- design brief for search results filter bar
- QA continues
- Will write initial text for the community announcement that Beta is ready for poking at
- Reading Sandra's updates about potential pilot partners
- Still want to do dev page cleaning
- But working on lots of non-SDC, so will be distracted
- Bug fixing.
- Caption length config fixing – what length do we want?
- I've had two meetings and gained an awful headache. Might not work the rest of the day.
- Sandra is adding her stuff to the newsletter tonight (NA time), sending out the newsletter tomorrow
- Looking slightly outside the active abuse filter maintainers to find input for the MCR stuff
- Successfully moved out yesterday!
- Meeting day today!
- Various other busywork and catch-up
- Hiring stuff will probably come to a head tomorrow
- trying out a very hacky fix for the back button thing ...
- I'm back. Reviewing remaining blockers. Error/CAPTCHA support editing needed, it seems.
- meeting-heavy wednesday!
- got the copy audit out yesterday, here it is for anyone interested:
- writing up a design brief for the search results filter bar
- need to fill out some surveys that are sitting in my inbox
- QA on Beta Commons continues
- Perhaps some debates via email :)
- Pare down https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Structured_data/Development today
- No news from Sloan, but might get some comments from reviewers
- Ramsey: You need to help Daniel test his AbuseFilter/MediaInfo patch(es) on the labs instance, he's not sure it won't crash the site
- I have to jet right after the standup to get rid of a bunch of garbage in my old apartment, give it a quick wipe-down, and then I'm completely moved out.
- Once I get back home, I'll blow through the rest of my backlogs, conduct a quick interview, and ideally be ready for the meeting onslaught tomorrow
- Will be finishing the UI copy audit today and sharing with the team, as well as Sandra, whom I've asked for feedback from
- exicited to get that out for feedback, because then I can start on search results (primarily designing a filter bar)
- been keeping up with phab tickets & adding comments where i can
- catching up on emails
- really need to publish dev timeline, people are referring to https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Structured_data/Development .
- circle back with Advancement on grant report, see if there's any feedback from Sloan
- QA on Beta continues (looking good though)
- Sketching out how we manage to work on v1 depicts and other statements while simultaneously fixing Beta
- looking at the analytics/event logging stuff
- wanna talk about that back button problem
- Coming out of a hiring hole to try and recover my inbox today
- Tomorrow we'll be making some decisions
- Long weekend starts tomorrow - US employees will be off until Tuesday
- More working with WMDE on blockers.
- I'll be at a conference on Monday/Tuesday.
- UI copy audit continues
- think I'll give up on this bug https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T208260 because I can't find any way of sensibly reproducing it
- are there any blockers I can work on? If not will start on the search results smooshed thing
- QA continues
- Emails and debates :)
- Still deciding if I'll take Monday or Tuesday off
- might be late cos I've to drive to the post office to post my mother's birthday card QUICK
- split Ramsey's ticket about search into 2 parts (search itself and results presentation) and submitted a patch for the 'search-itself' bit https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/mediawiki/extensions/WikibaseMediaInfo/+/472186
- now back working on the weird error msg (T208753)
- UI copy audit continues
- Getting the newsletter mostly done
- Check up on wiki stuff
- Hiring stuff: Looking mostly set - will knock through the rest of it today
- Meeting day has returned
- UW working again.
- Unset caption design change landed too.
- Looking at Cormac's patch right now.
- QA! Checking fixes and finding more things
- Light on meetings today, but a decent amount of administrative stuff to do
- isEmpty patch merged
- working on the weird error when adding labels ... I might be making a little bit of progress, or I might be kidding myself. Time will tell
- Made a bunch of tickets yesterday
- Continuing with the UI copy stuff
- QA today (so many things are broken)
- Emails about the Flickr policy change, monitoring licensing statement convo
- Hiring reviews almost done...then we just interview and see what happens
- Voting in the late afternoon, so will be afk earlier than usual
- Spent most of yesterday understanding situation and fixing a couple of nasty bugs (in Wikidata and Translate) that between them broke everything.
- Grabbed a quick design ticket from Pam this morning.
- The MCR team have just switched all production to "write both, read new" (T198308); this wasn't a blocker for us as they did Commons early, but is nice. T198312 can begin.
- Blocker stuff.
- Continuing work on the UI copy audit
- Finishing up Depicts Search prototype feedback (will be writing a phab ticket for it)
- Statements convo
- Mostly it for SDC today
- Reviewing GLAM stuff from Sandra
- Reschedule launch sync, Mark?
- Thinking about baselines again
- Gone Tue - Thurs, please mark urgent things urgent
- Backlogs are looking much clearer now!
- Some hiring stuff to clear up...(brief update)
- Met with MCR people this morning - this is their current workboard FYI: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/board/3696/query/YONHY_KjO6aS/
- They have T194046 listed, but we're blocked on that via T200915 and then T205891.
- We need T189220 > T204582 too.
- QA for the SDC stuff
- Communicating the things to the people
- updated isEmpty patch based on review
- finished first rough cut of 'virtual statements' prototype, chased Adam for feedback
- started EventLogging stuff
- Hiring stuff progress! People in the queue.
- Today: A few meetings, then hopefully slamming through stuff that I've been dropping
- [OT] Mark you should get https://en-us.sennheiser.com/gaming-headset-gsp-300
- I'm working with Wikibasers on our outsanding big blocker – T205732 > T205891 > T200915 > T194046 > T205444 …
- Designed & emailed revised license mocks to Keegan
- Interviewing a candidate today
- Continuing to work on the UI copy audit
- IRC office hours
- Statements 2 posting
- IRC office hours.
- licensing v2 stuff
- will sketch out "New Commons" a bit more if I have time