Mobile design/Language selection
|This page is obsolete. It is kept for historical interest only. It may document extensions or features that are obsolete and/or no longer supported. Do not rely on the information here being up-to-date.|
|This page is currently a draft.|
More information and discussion about changes to this draft may be on the talk page.
This document describes the language selection feature on mobile.
Language selection is important for letting readers take advantage of the over 280 languages in which our content is written.
User testing has shown that readers have a hard time finding the language selection feature when it's presented in a menu or navigation system; many of them scroll to the bottom of the article to find language selection.
- As a reader, I want to be able to switch to a different language version of an article and read it in the language of my choice.
- Create a language selection feature that is discoverable
- Allow users to browse through/search long language lists to find their language of choice
Initial version completed, but more user testing necessary.
- User is reading an article
- User taps "Read this article in another language" section
- User is taken to a language selection feature through which she can scroll and/or search