(Redirected from Git)
Gerrit is the website where all Wikimedia repositories are stored and proposed code changes to those repositories are reviewed. All code changes that are submitted to Gerrit are reviewed on the Gerrit website before being submitted to ensure they meet acceptable code styling, implementation, and security standards.
All Gerrit users can review contributions. Maintainers have the special rights to approve or reject contributions.
If you are a novice developer, read New Developers. If you know that you will work on MediaWiki core and MediaWiki extensions, read How to become a MediaWiki hacker.
Learn how to contribute to MediaWiki development and how to set up a functioning pre-configured development installation of MediaWiki.If you are an experienced developer, visit the Developer hub instead.
View How Gerrit works to learn how Gerrit works and get started submitting or reviewing code.
Further help on Gerrit
- Gerrit/Advanced usage - How to do things "the hard way" in Gerrit
- Gerrit/Troubleshooting - Problems and how to solve them
- Gerrit/Navigation - How to navigate Gerrit's web interface
- Gerrit/FAQ - Frequently asked questions concerning how to use Git and Gerrit
- Gerrit/GitHub - About integration with the GitHub service
- Gerrit/Code review/Getting reviews - Learn how to get your patches reviewed
- Gerrit/Commit message guidelines - Learn how to write good commit summaries
For code reviewers
- Gerrit/Code review - Learn how to perform code review. Your help reviewing changes is welcome!
- Gerrit/Privilege policy - Development policy for reviewers with merging rights in Gerrit
For project owners / administrators
- Gerrit/New repositories - How to create a new project in Gerrit
- Gerrit/Privilege policy - How to become the owner of a project in Gerrit, Development policy for reviewers with merging rights in Gerrit
- Gerrit/Inactive projects - Guidelines how to handle inactive projects
- Gerrit/L10n-bot - How to add translatewiki.net integration translation updates
Download code without a Gerrit account
If you only want to get the code and do not plan to propose changes:
- To simply browse & fork our code you can use the GitHub mirrors. Also see Gerrit/GitHub.
- To make an anonymous git clone of the core of MediaWiki, git clone https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/mediawiki/core.git.
- Cross-repo dependencies
- List of the public Gerrit projects
- Technical information about Wikimedia's Gerrit installation
- Report bugs/other issues with Gerrit
- Wikimedia Gerrit Patch Uploader
- Official Gerrit documentation
- Gerrit test instance
- Gerrit replica
Wikimedia is planning to migrate code review from Gerrit to GitLab.