Hello, I do not understand what your extension is doing. This sentence is particularly obscur for me :
includes the wikitext of a page matching the category name in Template namespace to the article wikitext.
What is the Template namespace ?
What are these pages matching the category name in Template namespace ?
Could you give and example ? Best regards --Colonna 14:25, 4 April 2010 (UTC)
- I agree, the explanation is rather poorly worded. When an article page is loaded, this extension looks through the [[Category:something]]-tags in the article wikitext. For each category link it finds, it then looks for a page with the name [[Template:something]] and then inserts the wikitext from those template pages into the article page when it is rendered.
- I wrote this extension to automatically include infoboxes on certain type of articles without having to manually do so (for example: include an infobox for persons on every article page containing [[Category:Person]]). It also clarifies the article wikitext as users are not disrupted by the extra syntax and are unable to mess it up by accidentally editing it.
- If anyone is able to find a cleaner way to implement this, I'm more than glad to ditch this code and write another better extension. --Piksi 14:34, 13 May 2010 (UTC)
- Thank you for this answer. Now I understand.
- Best regards --Colonna 15:13, 16 July 2010 (UTC)