This extension is currently not actively maintained! Although it may still work, any bug reports or feature requests will more than likely be ignored.
Release status: unmaintained
|Description||Renders x3d in a Java Applet|
|Author(s)||Luc Yriarte (Lyriartetalk)|
|Latest version||rev 0.1|
|License||Open Source (BSD)|
|Download||php extension x3d.php Java Applet binary x3d.jar|
Use this extension to render x3d content directly in MediaWiki. All content between <x3d> and </x3d> tags is passed to a Java applet. No additional plugin is required on the client side.
- DEF / USE
- Transfom: translation, rotation, scale, position, orientation
- Shape: Sphere, Cylinder, Cone, Box, IndexedFaceSet
Note: The only parameters recognised for the X3D tag are the applet's width and height in pixels, the rest is ignored.
All the code is open sourced under the BSD licence.
Then add the line below to your LocalSettings.php.
- Source code Packages.tgz - a Java applet in open source (BSD license)
- Applet binary x3d.jar
- php extension x3d.php
- Ligth sources not supported
- Texture mapping not supported
- Transparency not supported
- Interpolators not supported - maybe later
- Uses the org.json Java classes to parse xml code for x3d. The org.json classes are also open-source.
Using x3d.jar as an applet
<applet code="org.yriarte.x3d.X3dApplet.class" width="400" height="400" archive="x3d.jar"> <param name="scene" value="<X3D><Scene><Shape><Cone height='25' bottomRadius='10'/></Shape></Scene></X3D>"> </applet>
Using x3d.jar on the command line
java -jar x3d.jar foobar.x3d