Release status: beta
|Description||Default themes to display badges on Wikimedia projects|
|Author(s)||Bene* and Marius Hoch|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Translate the WikimediaBadges extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
It provides themes for the following Wikimedia skins:
Make sure you have one of the above skins installed to use the extension. You can check your installed skin on Special:Version.
Additionally the extension changes the Wikimedia Commons link in the "Other projects" sidebar to point to the Commons category (
P373), even if the Item's sitelink of the page is actually pointing to the gallery page.
The extension can be retrieved directly from Git [?]:
- Browse code
- Some extensions have tags for stable releases.
- Browse tags
- Select the tag
- Click "snapshot"
- Each branch is associated with a past MediaWiki release. There is also a "master" branch containing the latest alpha version (might require an alpha version of MediaWiki).
- Browse branches
- Select a branch name
- Click "Continue"
Extract the snapshot and place it in the extensions/WikimediaBadges/ directory of your MediaWiki installation.
If you are familiar with git and have shell access to your server, you can also obtain the extension as follows:
cd extensions/ git clone
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'WikimediaBadges' );
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
You should be able to see the
MediawikiBadges in the
Installed extensions section on the Special:Version page of your wiki.
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|