Release status: stable
|Implementation||API, Page action|
|Description||Stores daily user contributions as they are made|
|Author(s)||Nimish Gautam, Trevor Parscal|
|Latest version||0.2.0 (2010-09-21)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
Translate the UserDailyContribs extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
The UserDailyContribs extension was developed specifically to be run as part of the Beta rollout (of the Vector skin and page editor enhancements in 2010) on Wikimedia wikis; it may or may not be useful to third-party users. The extension can of course be run on non-WMF wikis, but documentation is very limited.
This extension does the following:
- Adds a table user_daily_contribs, which it updates on ArticleSaveComplete.
getUserEditCountSincefunction. Extension:ClickTracking uses this to log user edits in the last 1, 3, and 6 months.
- Provides an API to "Get the total number of user edits, time of registration, and edits in a given timeframe", example http://www.mediawiki.org/w/api.php?action=userdailycontribs&user=WikiSysop&daysago=5
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed. Done - Navigate to
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|