TranslateSvg is a MediaWiki extension that creates a Special page to provide a native-style interface for translating SVGs in line with the SVG1.1 specification.
To see the latest version of the extension in action, watch File:TranslateSvg.ogv, which is updated with every new release. (Note that any visible SVG text alignment issues are the result of problems in rsvg for Windows and not problems with the extension.)
NOTE: Latest instructions are at this page.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Only when installing from git run Composer to install PHP dependencies, by issuing
composer install --no-devin the extension directory. (See task T173141 for potential complications.)
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'TranslateSvg' );
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
To users running MediaWiki 1.24 or earlier:
The instructions above describe the new way of installing this extension using
wfLoadExtension(). If you need to install this extension on these earlier versions (MediaWiki 1.24 and earlier), instead of
wfLoadExtension( 'TranslateSvg' );, you need to use: