Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This extension stores its source code on a wiki page. Please be aware that this code may be unreviewed or maliciously altered. They may contain security holes, outdated interfaces that are no longer compatible etc.|
request access to MediaWiki's code repository to address this.
|The TEX Box|
Release status: unmaintained
|Description||a tex editor for mathematical formulae|
|Latest version||tex editor (0.4) 2007 (19-01-2007)|
Translate the TeX Editor extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
The TeX Editor allows an editor to display mathematical figures and formulae in mediawiki by using TeX expressions.
- You can edit TeX expressions representing mathematical formulae
- in a textarea input field and directly see the result in an AJAX preview box.
- There are configurable, clickable icons for inserting predefined TeX expressions
- defined on your user page "User:yourname/TEX/Favorites" (if available); or
- defined on the page "TEX/Favorites" (if available); or
- defined by the code.
- There is a special page: "The TEX Box"; as well as
- a new toolbar icon for opening the TeX editor when editing a normal wiki page (provided you allowed popup windows to be opened), formulae including the math-tags can be directly insterted into the editor area.
- enable math support on your wiki (see the README file in the math directory)
- create a new file "SpecialTexbox.php" in the directory "includes" of your mediawiki installation
- copy the code from Extension:TEX Editor/Code into the file "SpecialTexbox.php"
- add these three lines to "LocalSettings.php"
require_once("SpecialTexbox.php"); $wgAjaxExportList = 'wfSajaxMath'; $wgUseAjax = true;
- create a new page "TEX/Favorites" on your wiki and copy the content of Extension:TEX Editor/TEX/Favorites
- open the page "MediaWiki:Texbox" on your wiki and insert the text "The TEX Box"
- go to the special page "The TEX Box" and give it a try (The first load of the page may take some time.)
- open any wiki page for editing and click on the new toolbar icon
- Firefox, IE
- MediaWiki 1.9.0