|This extension stores its source code on a wiki page. Please be aware that this code may be unreviewed or maliciously altered. They may contain security holes, outdated interfaces that are no longer compatible etc.
request access to MediaWiki's code repository to address this.
The TEX Box
Release status: unmaintained
|Description||a tex editor for mathematical formulae|
|Latest version||tex editor (0.4) 2007 (19-01-2007)|
Translate the TeX Editor extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
The TeX Editor allows an editor to display mathematical figures and formulae in mediawiki by using TeX expressions.
- You can edit TeX expressions representing mathematical formulae
- in a textarea input field and directly see the result in an AJAX preview box.
- There are configurable, clickable icons for inserting predefined TeX expressions
- defined on your user page "User:yourname/TEX/Favorites" (if available); or
- defined on the page "TEX/Favorites" (if available); or
- defined by the code.
- There is a special page: "The TEX Box"; as well as
- a new toolbar icon for opening the TeX editor when editing a normal wiki page (provided you allowed popup windows to be opened), formulae including the math-tags can be directly insterted into the editor area.
- enable math support on your wiki (see the README file in the math directory)
- create a new file "SpecialTexbox.php" in the directory "includes" of your mediawiki installation
- copy the code from Extension:TEX Editor/Code into the file "SpecialTexbox.php"
- add these three lines to "LocalSettings.php"
require_once("SpecialTexbox.php"); $wgAjaxExportList = 'wfSajaxMath'; $wgUseAjax = true;
- create a new page "TEX/Favorites" on your wiki and copy the content of Extension:TEX Editor/TEX/Favorites
- open the page "MediaWiki:Texbox" on your wiki and insert the text "The TEX Box"
- go to the special page "The TEX Box" and give it a try (The first load of the page may take some time.)
- open any wiki page for editing and click on the new toolbar icon
- Firefox, IE
- MediaWiki 1.9.0