This extension is currently not actively maintained! Although it may still work, any bug reports or feature requests will more than likely be ignored.
Release status: unmaintained
|Implementation||Link markup, Search, Special page|
|Description||Provides an easy configuration for shortening URLs using Yourls and Semantic MediaWiki|
|Author(s)||primarily by MarkAHershberger, then by Edlira Dushku in part as WikiTranslate|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Example||Long and short links to the same page:|
The Surl extension provides a special page that helps create shortened URLs for wiki pages. The short link is added to a semantic property 'Surl' of BASEPAGEs manually. 'Surl's for the SUBPAGEs can be added automatically. The extension adds the short and long links of the page to a separate Yourls database. Primarily developed for use in WikiTranslate.org. Surl stands for Short URL.
- Extension:Semantic MediaWiki♙
- Yourls - Your Own URL Shortener
- Getting another domain for the website is optional. The shorter the domain name, the better, especially if you plan on sharing your short URLs on Twitter or any other medium where short is better.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
require_once "$IP/extensions/Surl/Surl.php"; $wgSurl = "/your/site/url/";
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- You can run "$IP/extensions/Surl/runSurl.php" once or setup a cron for it.
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.