Release status: stable
|Description||Provides a splist tag to list the subpages of a page|
|Latest version||1.4 (Continuous updates)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Quarterly downloads||52 (Ranked 126th)|
|Translate the SubPageList3 extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
The SubPageList3 extension allows for listing subpages of a parent page with critical fixes necessary to meet criteria requirements for use on Wikimedia projects. This is especially helpful on wikis which make extensive use of subpages to organize clusters of related pages. It is based on the now defunct extension SubPageList2.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your
wfLoadExtension( 'SubPageList3' );
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
The extension disables caching on any page using the
<splist /> tag
<splist /> where you wish your subpage list to appear.
Example with use of all available attributes.
<splist parent= showparent=yes sort=desc sortby=title liststyle=ordered showpath=no kidsonly=no debug=0 />
- Attributes available
- Liststyle: default is unordered; values are ordered|unordered|bar. Toggles list between <ol> and <ul> lists. The bar value causes the list to align horizontally with · symbols acting as delimiters (for bar lists rather than tree lists).
- Sort: default is asc; values are asc|desc. Toggles list between ascending and descending sort order. By default, the tag sorts subpages in ascending alphabetical order; all sorting, however, is subject to hierarchical position - i.e. pages will always be subordinated to their parents; sorting is only among siblings.
- Sortby: default is title; values are title|lastedit. Toggles list sort determinant between title and date of the last edit.
- Showpath: default is no; values are no|notparent|full. Determines how the title of each page is displayed in the list. "No" means that only the subpage title (i.e. the bit after the last slash) is displayed. "Notparent" shows the full path without the top level. "Full" shows all levels in the page title name including the top level (e.g. "my page/my subpage/my subpage2").
- Kidsonly: default is no; values are yes|no. If this is set to "yes", then only the first generation of subpages (i.e. the children but not the grandchildren) is displayed. This is especially useful if the liststyle is set to bar. It's also good if you just want a list rather than a tree.
- Parent: by default the tag analyses the subpage system of its own page. However you can set the tag to analyse and display the subpage system of any other page on the wiki. Use local name format. E.g. "parent=Template:FOO" (with a namespace) or "parent=My Page" (in the main namespace). A common source of error is typing the page name incorrectly. The extension checks whether or not the page you name actually exists, and will report an error if it doesn't.
- Showparent: default is no; values are yes|no. If this is set to "yes", then the page indicated by parent (above) will be inserted as the top level item in the list. If the list is a bulletted list, then this top level item will have a bullet and the rest of the list will be indented one level further than it would be otherwise.
- Debug: you can switch debugging on by setting this option to 1; the debugging goes no further than reporting invalid input for the other options.
- Attributes no longer available
- Category: was used to restrict selected subpages to those belonging to a specific category.
- Count: maximum number of subpages to display.
- Ignore: list of subpages to ignore.
- Namespace: was used to restrict subpage selection by namespace.
- Previewcount: used to determine how much of a subpage was previewed; as the preview feature is being removed, this is no longer needed.
- Previewmode: ditto.
- Headline: was an option for the preview mode.
The parser puts a <div> around the list with the class "subpagelist".
- SubPageList: based upon this one and backwards compatible
- Subpage Fun: Provides subpage related functions and magic words to gather informations about sub- and parentpages
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|
|This extension is included in the following packages and/or wiki farms:|