| Steam Auth
Release status: stable
|Description||SteamAuth is a MediaWiki extension that allows users to sign in with Steam.|
|Latest version||1.2 (2020-08-27)|
|Compatibility policy||Master maintains backward compatibility.|
README on GitHub
SteamAuth is a MediaWiki extension that allows users to sign in with Steam. This plugin uses PluggableAuth.
The extension is designed to be used as the only form of authentication for your wiki.
Special thanks to LightOpenID.
Note: This extension requires PluggableAuth to be installed first.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your
wfLoadExtension( 'SteamAuth' );
- Configure as required.
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Disabling normal account creation is strongly recommended. You can do so by adding the following lines to the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['createaccount'] = false; $wgGroupPermissions['*']['autocreateaccount'] = true;
It is also recommended to use a plugin such as Realnames to display the user's display name rather than their ID.
|$wgSteamAuth_Key||"key"||Your steam developer API key (Available from https://steamcommunity.com/dev/apikey)|
|$wgSteamAuth_AppID||null||(Optional) If set, only users that have this app/game in their Steam library can login and create accounts.|
- Version 1.2
- Bring up Steam on button click rather than when the login page is opened.
- Version 1.1
- Fixed major security issue (The user's ID is now used as the username. The user's persona name is now the real name)
- Version 1.0
- Initial release