Release status: stable
|Description||Allows to tag edits as "official staff edits" in the edit view|
|Latest version||0.1.3 (2016-12-16)|
|Translate the StaffEdits extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
StaffEdits is an extension which enables users with the
staffedit user right (i.e. ShoutWiki staff on ShoutWiki) to choose to tag their edits as "official ShoutWiki staff edits" in the
action=edit mode in a way that cannot be faked by anyone.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'StaffEdits' );
- Configure at your convenience
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
This sets a simple lowercase abbreviation of the organization the Staff are a part of. So "sw" for ShoutWiki, or "wmf" for the Wikimedia Foundation, etc. Once you set this, you really shouldn't change it. Defaults to "sw".
- system messages
- user right and user group
The user right "staffedit" is by default set to the user group, e.g. "staff" which also comes with this exension:
$wgGroupPermissions['staff']['staffedit'] = true;