Release status: beta
|Description||Displays full-size images with Slimbox 2 when clicking on thumbnails.|
|Author(s)||Vitaliy Filippov, David Raison, Jeroen De Dauw|
|Latest version||2013-02-25 (2013-02-25)|
|License||GNU General Public License 3.0 or later|
|Translate the SlimboxThumbs extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
The SlimboxThumbs extension incorporates Christophe Beyl's fullsize image viewer Slimbox 2 into MediaWiki's thumbnails and image galleries. Stable enough to use in production (but marked as beta for some evaluation period).
When a user clicks on a thumbnailed image or an image in a gallery, the page darkens and the image is displayed full-size "on top of" the page. A caption below the image includes the image's title and a link to its description page, along with the caption on the thumbnail, if any. Clicking anywhere off the image returns everything to normal.
SlimboxThumbs displays a lightbox for an image on the page if:
- It is a thumbnail, and not already a full-sized image.
- It is linked to an image page (File:Something.jpg). If the thumbnail is linked to a random URL or not linked to anything, there will be no lightbox - the idea is to have a way of cancelling lightbox for some images. Also you can link the thumbnail to another image's page, and this another image will be shown in the lightbox.
Such thumbnails, including images in galleries, are treated as being part of a slideshow, and have "previous" and "next" images. If an image is bigger than 90% of current viewport size, a respective thumbnail is shown using thumb.php.
This is a rewritten version of this extension which was discontinued by its original author, David Raison. Should work with MediaWiki 1.13 or a later one.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
To speed up the animation, edit "slimbox/js/slimbox2.js" as follows:
overlayFadeDuration:1 resizeDuration:1 imageFadeDuration:1 captionAnimationDuration:1
New version (by Vitaliy Filippov) changelog:
- 2015-12-19 - Raised requirement to MediaWiki 1.17+. If you run an older MediaWiki install, download the MediaWiki 1.19 or older version from the distributor instead of the latest one.
- 2013-02-25 - Fixed compatibility with older MediaWikis down to 1.13 - was broken 2013-01-10 when the foreign repository support was introduced.
- 2013-02-18 - Fixed duplicate lightboxes for images inserted as [[Image:Image.jpg|thumb]].
- 2013-01-10 - Now compatible with foreign repositories.
- 2012-10-18 - Fixed compatibility with MediaWiki 1.16.
- 2012-09-17 - Fixed several bugs (which caused the lightbox to not work fully or partially sometimes). Can be treated as stable by now.
- 2011-12-30 - Extension rewritten using JS instead of regexp voodoo, should work with any MediaWiki 1.13+, including 1.16 and later.
Changelog of the old version:
- 0.0.5 - Fixed bug where pictures wouldn't be adequately resized if other image-links would be on the same page.
- 0.1 - Included copy of Slilmbox, stylized code, added internationalization file, added settings file, renamed functions to follow MW convention and fixed several minor issues.
- If there are multiple galleries on one page, they are treated as being part of one big slideshow.
- (What for?) Use jquery's fancybox instead of slimbox
- Change resize width & height on window.resize()