Release status: stable
|Description||Adds a special page that redirects to an article based on the given base36-encoded ID|
|Latest version||1.2.0 (2015-01-29)|
|License||BSD 3-clause "Modified" License|
|Translate the ShortUrl extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
ShortUrl is a special page extension that helps create shortened URLs for wiki pages, using their base36 encoded IDs. Adds a 'Short URL' link to the Toolbox. Primarily developed for use in the Indic Language Wikipedias.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'ShortUrl' );
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
To users running MediaWiki 1.24 or earlier:
The instructions above describe the new way of installing this extension using
wfLoadExtension() If you need to install this extension on these earlier versions (MediaWiki 1.24 and earlier), instead of
wfLoadExtension( 'ShortUrl' );, you need to use:
- When installed redirects are available under Special:ShortUrl/<base36>.
- (Optional) Run
populateShortUrlTable.phpmaintenance script. Fills the shorturl database table with entries for all namespace/title parts of all currently existing articles.
$wgShortUrlTemplateto the template of the path for generating short URLs. $1 is replaced with the actual short URL ID.
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|