This extension is currently not actively maintained! Although it may still work, any bug reports or feature requests will more than likely be ignored.
|Random Image within Commons
Release status: unmaintained
|Implementation||Tag, Parser function|
|Description||Allows to display a randomized image per view including images that are stored at Creative Commons|
|Author(s)||Thiemo Schuff (Starwhoopertalk)|
|Latest version||2.3 beta build 20140916 (2014-09-16)|
|License||Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike 4.0|
The RandomImagewithinCommons extension allows to display a randomized image per view including images that are stored at Creative Commons.
- Download, extract and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Use $wgriwc['size'] = '400px'; to set the default size to 400 pixel. If it not set, it will be displayed in 200 pixel width.
To ignore any picture, you can add in to the Category [[Category:riwc blacklist]] to put in on blacklist.
- Version 1.0 beta on 2. August 2011
- Version 2.0 from 14. June 2012
- filter Namespace (use only normal Articles (namespace 0))
- repace all DB Querys with Mediawiki wfGetDB function
- the extension use the mediawiki own function to calculate the picture
- Version 2.1 from 3. April 2014
- go to Multilanguage
- implement Ignorelist like $wgriwc['blacklist'] = array('x.svg', 'y.gif', 'z.jpg');
- Version 2.2 from 30. August 2014
- Use Catogorys instead of the blacklist array
- Version 2.3 from 16. September 2014
- optimize DB querys
- Add link to Blacklist on Specialpage of Versions
- next Version
- skip images that are insert in Pages but not more exist
- further versions
- fillup gallerys with random pictures (to create a picturewall)
- Proptet text configurable over Special:AllMessages
- Check if picture really exist (protect agians [[File:NONEXISTFILE.SAMPLE]])
- option to consider only pictures from article, but omit from User Pages, Diskussion or similar