Release status: stable
|Description||Makes "Recent changes" list only the latest change to a page and suppresses older ones|
|Latest version||1.3.2 (2013-08-15)|
|PHP||tested with 5.5.1|
|Translate the OnlyRecentRecentChanges extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
The OnlyRecentRecentChanges allows to only list the latest changes to a page and suppresses older ones.
The behaviour of the recent changes view is changed so that any changed page is only listed once: older changes are not listed any longer. Log actions (information about deletions, moves, uploads ...) in the recent changes view are not affected, and any event of this kind is shown as usual.
A new user option is added to the preferences "Recent changes" tab and is enabled by default. Users can opt-out by unchecking the option.
The extension can be retrieved directly from Git [?]:
- Browse code
- Some extensions have tags for stable releases.
- Browse tags
- Select the tag
- Click "snapshot"
- Each branch is associated with a past MediaWiki release. There is also a "master" branch containing the latest alpha version (might require an alpha version of MediaWiki).
- Browse branches
- Select a branch name
- Click "Continue"
Extract the snapshot and place it in the extensions/OnlyRecentRecentChanges/ directory of your MediaWiki installation.
If you are familiar with git and have shell access to your server, you can also obtain the extension as follows:
cd extensions/ git clone
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.