|This extension is obsolete!
It has been replaced by TimedMediaHandler.
Release status: unmaintained
|Description||Integrated support for Ogg Theora, Vorbis, Speex|
|MediaWiki||1.11 - 1.23|
|License||GNU Lesser General Public License 2.1 or later|
Translate the OggHandler extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix;|
|Open tasks · Report a bug|
The OggHandler extension allows you to display Ogg audio and video files in wiki pages, using the same syntax as for image files. It also has limited support for metadata display on file description pages.
- Display a video at its nominal size. Displays a still image from the midpoint with a play button to start an embedded player.
- Show a placeholder for a sound file, with a play button to start an embedded player.
- Show a video in a floating thumbnail box
- Show a video embedded in an image gallery
- [[File:Video.ogg|noicon]], [[File:Audio.ogg|noicon]]
- Hide the help icon.
- [[File:Video.ogg|noplayer]], [[File:Audio.ogg|noplayer]]
- Show still image or placeholder icon only, do not embed player.
- Use a frame from 1 minute 25 seconds into the video as the placeholder image. A single number is taken as an offset in seconds.
We have explicit support for the following video players:
We have generic support for clients which claim to support application/ogg in navigator.mimeTypes, and for clients which recognise the <video> tag.
The extension can be retrieved directly from Git [?]:
- Browse code
- Some extensions have tags for stable releases.
- Browse tags
- Select the tag
- Click "snapshot"
- Each branch is associated with a past MediaWiki release. There is also a "master" branch containing the latest alpha version (might require an alpha version of MediaWiki).
- Browse branches
- Select a branch name
- Click "Continue"
Extract the snapshot and place it in the extensions/OggHandler/ directory of your MediaWiki installation.
If you are familiar with git and have shell access to your server, you can also obtain the extension as follows:
cd extensions/ git clone
To install this extension, add the following to the end of your
require( "$IP/extensions/OggHandler/OggHandler.php" );
After the require line, add this to your LocalSettings.php:
$wgFFmpegLocation = '/usr/bin/ffmpeg';
you may need to change the path to your ffmpeg. You can find yours by typing: which ffmpeg
You can get better results from oggThumb if you have version 0.9 (unreleased?) of oggvideotools installed, which you will probably have to do from source. (oggvideotools 0.8 does not work as it is missing required output options.)
$wgOggThumbLocation = '/usr/local/bin/oggThumb';
Installing ffmpeg on debian
On debian 4 (etch) to 6 (squeeze) execute: "apt-get update; apt-get install ffmpeg ffmpeg2theora". You may also like to have a look at aptitude search ffmpeg
Requires FFmpeg and PEAR. Requires web access to $wgScriptPath/extensions/OggHandler. See the README file for more information.
- Test matrix -- Client-side test matrix and known bugs
- Java version survey -- Java versions in use as of March 2008
|Language:||English • 日本語 • Tiếng Việt|