| Newest Pages
Release status: stable
|Implementation||Special page, Parser extension|
|Description||Provides a list of the most recently created pages on the wiki|
|Author(s)||Rob Church (Robchurchtalk)|
|Latest version||1.22.0 (2019-09-16)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Translate the Newest Pages extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
The Newest Pages extension provides a flexible dual-use special page which lists the most recently created pages on the wiki. This code doesn't use the recentchanges table, and so items do not expire, as with Special:Newpages.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your
wfLoadExtension( 'NewestPages' );
- Configure as required.
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
- The maximum number of pages that can be listed with this extension. In any case, the number of pages listed will be limited to 5000, but this variable can set a lower limit.
The list can be accessed as a conventional special page, or through inclusion into another page.
The special page is located at
Special:Newestpages and provides a full interface to filter according to namespace, limit the number of results, and toggle the inclusion of redirect pages.
You can include a list of pages into another page using the inclusion mechanism, e.g.
will produce a list of the newest pages in the User namespace.
To select the main namespace, use
- as the namespace name, e.g.
To select all namespaces, use
all as the namespace name, e.g.
You can also limit the number of results listed, e.g.
will produce a list of (at most) the five newest articles.