Release status: stable
|Description||Allows custom article paths to be mapped to namespaces of the wiki|
|Author(s)||Daniel Friesen @ Redwerks (Dantmantalk)|
|Latest version||1.1.0 (2014-04-01)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
Translate the NamespacePaths extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
The NamespacePaths extension extends custom article paths to allow namespaces to be mapped to extra paths separate from the article path. For example mapping the help namespace to
/help/$1 so pages like "Help:Contents" go to
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Configure the
$wgNamespacePathswith the paths you want to use for namespaces, the key is the namespace id (you can use the NS_ constants), and the value is a
$wgArticlePathstyle string like "/help/$1".
- Configure your webserver to pass the extra paths to MediaWiki. Consult the short URL documentation you set the article paths for your wiki and extend it to map the extra paths to "index.php".
- Note: You don't want to try mapping things to
⁄index.php?title=$1, doing so will break the paths. If you just make sure that
⁄index.phpis run for these extra article paths as long as your webserver sets
REQUEST_URIcorrectly the extension will take it from there and extract the correct title on it's own.
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.