Release status: stable
|Description||Provides an easy-to-use month view calendar|
|Author(s)||Martin Schwindl, Martin Keyler, Felipe Schenone and Frédéric Souchon|
|Latest version||2.3 (2016-06-14)|
|License||GNU General Public License 3.0|
|Translate the MsCalendar extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
The MsCalendar extension provides an easy-to-use month view calendar. Entries are formatted as one-liners and can span multiple days.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'MsCalendar' );
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
To users running MediaWiki 1.24 or earlier:
The instructions above describe the new way of installing this extension using
wfLoadExtension() If you need to install this extension on these earlier versions (MediaWiki 1.24 and earlier), instead of
wfLoadExtension( 'MsCalendar' );, you need to use:
|Warning:||Some older versions of this extension had an XSS vulnerability in it. You should make sure you are either using exactly version 2.0-1, or are using version 2.3 or higher|
To insert a calendar into a wiki page, the minimal wikitext is:
<MsCalendar>Name of the calendar</MsCalendar>
By default, all entries are listed alphabetically. If you want to sort them by id (the date at which they were added), do:
<MsCalendar sort="id">Name of the calendar</MsCalendar>
On opening a calendar page, today's date is viewed and highlighted by default:
You can navigate the calendar, using the panel at the top. The "HEUTE" button will always take you back to today's date:
Add an entry by clicking the little "+" sign at the according date:
Now you can name your event ("Name des Events"), change the date ("Datum") of the event, set the duration in days ("Dauer in Tagen") and choose if the event is recurring annually ("Jährlich wiederholen"). Confirm your entries by clicking "Eintrag erstellen":
To change or delete ("Event Löschen") an entry, just click on it.
Please keep in mind that all entries are displayed as one-liners and shortened accordingly if too long. Using "mouse-over" they still can be read without opening them:
As you can see, this example calendar uses the sorting option:
- Option to highlight an event with a certain color.
- Add info who and when an entry was made to the calendar.
- Optional end date instead of duration in days.
- Ability to put more than one calendar in a page.
- Option to start with Sunday or Monday as the first day of the week.
- Set Start and End Time as option to whole day
- View next 4 weeks instead of current month
- Option to add additional notes to an event entry.