|This extension is obsolete!
You are advised against using this extension on a live site.
Release status: unmaintained
|Description||Back-end for the MediaWiki Lucene-based search engine|
|Author(s)||Brion Vibber and Kate Turner|
Translate the MWSearch extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
|Open tasks · Report a bug|
The MWSearch extension is a MediaWiki backend to fetch search results from MediaWiki Lucene-based search engine.
- If you haven't already, install the Extension:Lucene-search extension first. That is the search backend that this extension uses, it is required.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
require_once "$IP/extensions/MWSearch/MWSearch.php"; $wgSearchType = 'LuceneSearch'; $wgLuceneHost = '192.168.0.1'; // IP address of the server $wgLucenePort = 8123; $wgLuceneSearchVersion = 2.1; // comment this out if you are using the old version 2.0
- Install the search engine
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
To load-balance with from multiple servers:
$wgLuceneHost = array( "192.168.0.1", "192.168.0.2" );
Installing the search engine
Lucene-search daemon needs to be running on the specified host(s). For instructions see Extension:Lucene-search.
- Overview of search engine features - contains information on advanced search features provided by this extension.