Release status: stable
|Wikimedia Germany (WMDE)
|Snapshots releases along with MediaWiki. Master is not backward compatible.
|GNU General Public License 2.0 or later
|6 (Ranked 137th)
|Public wikis using
|842 (Ranked 306th)
|Translate the InterwikiSorting extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Open tasks · Report a bug
The InterwikiSorting extension allows for sorting of interwiki links.
The code was originally created in 2012 as part of the Wikibase Client extension, and has been factored out.
- Within the Wikimedia Foundation this extension will be used alongside the Cognate extension and Wikibase.
The extension can be retrieved directly from Git [?]:
- Some extensions have tags for stable releases.
- Select the tag
- Click "snapshot"
- Each branch is associated with a past MediaWiki release. There is also a "master" branch containing the latest alpha version (might require an alpha version of MediaWiki).
- Browse branches
- Select a branch name
- Click "Continue"
Extract the snapshot and place it in the extensions/InterwikiSorting/ directory of your MediaWiki installation.
If you are familiar with Git and have shell access to your server, you can also obtain the extension as follows:
- Download and move the extracted
InterwikiSortingfolder to your
Developers and code contributors should install the extension from Git instead, using:
git clone https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/mediawiki/extensions/InterwikiSorting
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php file:
wfLoadExtension( 'InterwikiSorting' );
- Configure as required
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
- The default sort order to use. 'code' is built in and orders alphabetically by interwiki code.
- Example sort orders are currently stored in WMF configuration and can be seen at Phabricator
- These can be seen used in noc.wikimedia.org under
- Codes that should appear at the start of the list of interwiki links.
- Definition of sort orders. Each sort order key should be the sort order name, for example 'alphabetical'. Each key should have a value of an array of interwiki codes in the order to be sorted.
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.
|This extension is included in the following wiki farms/hosts and/or packages: