Release status: stable
|Author(s)||Wikimedia Germany (WMDE)|
|Latest version||continuous updates|
|Compatibility policy||release branches|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Translate the InterwikiSorting extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
The InterwikiSorting extension allows for sorting of interwiki links.
The code was originally created in 2012 as part of the Wikibase Client extension, and has been factored out.
- Within the Wikimedia Foundation this extension will be used alongside the Cognate extension and Wikibase.
The extension can be retrieved directly from Git [?]:
- Browse code
- Some extensions have tags for stable releases.
- Browse tags
- Select the tag
- Click "snapshot"
- Each branch is associated with a past MediaWiki release. There is also a "master" branch containing the latest alpha version (might require an alpha version of MediaWiki).
- Browse branches
- Select a branch name
- Click "Continue"
Extract the snapshot and place it in the extensions/InterwikiSorting/ directory of your MediaWiki installation.
If you are familiar with git and have shell access to your server, you can also obtain the extension as follows:
cd extensions/ git clone
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'InterwikiSorting' );
- Configure as required
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
- The default sort order to use. 'code' is built in and orders alphabetically by interwiki code.
- Example sort orders are currently stored in WMF configuration and can be seen at Phabricator
- These can be seen used in noc.wikimedia.org under
- Codes that should appear at the start of the list of interwiki links.
- Definition of sort orders. Each sort order key should be the sort order name, for example 'alphabetical'. Each key should have a value of an array of interwiki codes in the order to be sorted.
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's $2 and $3 configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|