Release status: beta
|Implementation||Parser extension, Tag, Hook|
|Description||Build images of unencoded CJK ideographs from Unicode IDS.|
|Author(s)||Shoichi Chou (shoichitalk)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
Translate the Ids extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
|Open tasks · Report a bug|
The ids extension renders individual Ideographic Description Sequences (IDS) into inline images for consumption. It helps with displaying unencoded CJKV characters found in ancient text.
For example, the IDS sequence
<ids>⿺辶⿴宀⿱珤⿰隹⿰貝招</ids> renders into the image shown in the infobox. This tag transforms into an inline 1em × 1em image, with appropriate
alt= attribute and margins.
This extension currently uses the temporary "idsgen" wmf toollab server for rendering.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'Ids' );
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
$wgIdsEndpoint is used to set the rendering server endpoint. Default is "https://tools.wmflabs.org/idsgen/".
$wgIdsEndpoint = "https://tools.wmflabs.org/idsgen/";
This extension does not provide any control for user rights; every user can add, use and render the tag.
- han3_ji7_tsoo1_kian3: IDS rendering HTTP backend (Free Software).
- Extension:UniversalLanguageSelector/Fonts for Chinese wikis