WikiTeq provides official support for MediaWiki LTS releases only. It may work with other MediaWiki releases.
Release status: stable
|Description||Requires the user to confirm that they want to be sent to the external site, after clicking an external link.|
|Compatibility policy||For every MediaWiki release that is a Long Term Support release there is a corresponding branch in the extension.|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Quarterly downloads||5 (Ranked 161st)|
|Translate the ExternalLinkConfirm extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
The ExternalLinkConfirm extension requires users to confirm after clicking an external link, before being sent to the external site.
This extension was created for WikiWorks.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your
wfLoadExtension( 'ExternalLinkConfirm' );
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
This extension has 2 configuration parameters which can be modified in
- List of the sites that do not require confirmation before visiting.
- Per default, no domains are whitelisted.
- The domains in the whitelist can include wildcard characters (
*) in place of any of the domain levels, e.g.
$wgExternalLinkConfirmWhitelist = [ '*.flickr.com', 'upload.*.gov.uk' ];
- For determining what the target will be for the external site.
- Works similarly to $wgExternalLinkTarget.