The EntitySchema extension allows storing Shape Expressions Schemas on wiki pages (using ShExC syntax), as well as validating entities against those Schemas using the ShEx2 — Simple Online Validator. For more information on enabling this second part, see #Configuration.
- Download and move the extracted
EntitySchemafolder to your
Developers and code contributors should install the extension from Git instead, using:
git clone https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/mediawiki/extensions/EntitySchema
- Only when installing from Git, run Composer to install PHP dependencies, by issuing
composer install --no-devin the extension directory. (See task T173141 for potential complications.)
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php file: Configure as required.
wfLoadExtension( 'EntitySchema' );
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Prerequisites for displaying the optional "check entities against this Schema" link on the Schema page:
- In your "LocalSettings.php", set
$wgEntitySchemaShExSimpleUrlto a non-empty string which represents the external verification tool to use (e.g. https://tools.wmflabs.org/shex-simple/wikidata/doc/shex-simple.html).
- The link is only displayed on pages where the Schema text is not empty
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.