Release status: beta
|Description||By using this extension,HTML5 videos can be synchronized with rich text and images.This can be useful as an eLearnware by synchronize a video lecture with a slideshow.|
|MediaWiki||1.18 Maybe with other versions|
|License||No license specified|
|Translate the ELearnware extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
What can this extension do?
This MediaWiki extension facilitates synchronizing contents with HTML5 video for MedaiWiki. Targeted purpose is to view rich video lectures synchronized with slides.
You have to download eLearnware extension from here. Then extract the .zip file and rename it as eLearnware and place it in
$IP/extensions/eLearnware/eLearnware.php. Note: $IP stands for the root directory of your MediaWiki installation, the same directory that holds LocalSettings.php.
To install this extension, add the following to LocalSettings.php:
- You should run eLearnware.sql against your wiki database. Then a new table named my_wikislides will be added.
- Open eLearnware.php in the eLearnware extension folder.
- Then go to variable $myPath and add the path from your server root to eLearnware extension folder.
- As an example, suppose your wiki is installed in a folder named wiki in your server root.
New Special Pages
eLearnware extension introduces two new special pages, Special:Editor and Special:Viewer.
Special:Editor is used to add a video and assign content to synchronize with that video. Special:Viewer is used to view videos synchronized with content.
How to use?
- Create two copies of the HTML5 video file, one in .mp4 format and the other in .ogv format.
- Then upload both files to wiki/extensions/eLearnware/content directory.
- Now go to special page Special:Editor. Then you must type the name of the video that you have uploaded. Then click save.
- Now you will be moved to the video editing environment. Here you can play the video, sample it and
- move to each sample by clicking on it. Then you can add content to each sample by using the text editor.
- You can see a list of created videos by going to Special:Viewer. From there you can click on a video name and view it.