Release status: stable
|Description||Allows to delete page history and to optimize MySQL/MariaDB database to win disk space|
|Author(s)||Pierre Mavro (Pmavrotalk)|
|Latest version||0.8 (2013-12-22)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0|
Translate the DeleteHistory extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
- Deletes old unwanted information in history
- Frees up to 90% disk space in the MediaWiki database
- Be sure you've got php5-cli installed. If you're under Debian like OS :
aptitude install php5-cli
Download the latest snapshot version and uncompress it in your extensions directory (ex. /var/www/mediawiki/extensions) :
wget -O DeleteHistory.zip "https://github.com/deimosfr/mediawiki_DeleteHistory/archive/master.zip" mkdir DeleteHistory unzip DeleteHistory.zip rm -f DeleteHistory.zip
Clone it via Git :
git clone https://github.com/deimosfr/mediawiki_DeleteHistory.git DeleteHistory
- Edit your LocalSettings.php and add those lines :
# DeleteHistory $wgGroupPermissions['sysop']['DeleteHistory'] = true; require_once("$IP/extensions/DeleteHistory/DeleteHistory.php");
- That's all, now you can go in Special Pages and try the DeleteHistory extension. If you don't see anything new, it's because you don't have the admin privileges.
If you don't see anything new, it's because you don't have the admin privileges.
Go into Special Page to delete history.
- Adding Brazilian Portuguese language
- Fix minor bug on reporting array
- Compatible with MediaWiki 1.21
- Adding German language
- Adding Engine and Collation tables informations when requesting optimization. It helps to understand the result of it.
- Fix some vulnerability
- Compatible with MediaWiki 1.18
- Show in KB or MB in the database space won when an optimize runs
- Changed shown order (Result,Optimisation Status,Logs)
- Added arrays style to results
- Compatible with MediaWiki 1.16
- First release