Release status: unmaintained
|Implementation||Parser extension, Ajax, Special page, API|
|Description||Makes your wiki act like a conference management system.|
|Author(s)||Akshay Chugh (Chughakshay16talk)|
|Latest version||1.0 (2012-08-20)|
Translate the ConventionExtension extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
The ConventionExtension makes your wiki work like a conference management system. The extension automates most of the processes associated with setting up a conference on a wiki, and provides a dashboard feature to manage the details pertaining to a conference effectively.
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Configuration parameters[edit | edit source]
- It allows the extension to modify the sidebar for the conference pages in order for a user to experience an easy and satisfying workflow among all the different pages.
- This property is used while designing an Organizing Team page for the conference, where the name of the organizers which are already categorized will be placed according to the tree defined in this array.
- These are used by the conference admin to organize submissions and diversify audiences so that presentations of competing interest do not have a conflict.
- This will decided whether to enable the author registration form on a wiki or not. By default it is set to false. It is recommended to enable this feature when you want your users to start submitting their proposal.
User rights[edit | edit source]
Only users with 'sysop' right will be able to set up and manage a conference. Dashboard pages, for handling the data relevant to a conference, are only visible to users with 'sysop' rights and to the organizers which are set up from the dashboard. Although organizers will have very limited rights for using the dashboard feature.
Author Registration Page could be accessed by users who are logged in.