Release status: stable
|Implementation||User activity, Special page|
|Description||Summarizes the most prominent contributors to an article|
|Author(s)||Rob Church (original), Yaron Koren (current maintainer), Ike Hecht|
|Latest version||2.0 (2015-07-08)|
|MediaWiki||1.23+, likely earlier versions as well|
|License||No license specified|
Translate the Contributors extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
The Contributors extension provides an includable special page which summarizes the most prominent contributors to an article. The page can be accessed as a normal special page, or included into other pages to provide an automated list, which is useful for attribution.
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed. Done - Navigate to
Usage[edit | edit source]
The list can be accessed as a conventional special page, or through inclusion into another page.
Special page[edit | edit source]
The special page is located at "Special:Contributors" and provides an interface to select an article. You can also access this page using the "main contributors" link in the toolbox when viewing an article; the results for that page will be shown.
Inclusion[edit | edit source]
You can include a list of names into another page using the inclusion mechanism, e.g.
You can also create a template with the following code on it, and add it to your articles.
will produce a list of the most prominent contributors to
Sorting[edit | edit source]
By default, the list is sorted by number of edits, in descending order. It is possible to sort by user name and to switch the order to ascending. This is done with a parser function. For example:
This switches the sort to be alphabetical by user name, ascending. These options are also available at
Parameters[edit | edit source]
$wgContributorsLinkUserslinks the user names to their User page. Doesn't affect the Special page, which is always linked. (default
Output criteria[edit | edit source]
This extension lists "prominent contributors" to a page. The default behaviour will show all contributors, in order of number of edits, if the number of contributors is ten or less. Once the limit is hit, contributors with over two edits will continue to be listed. Contributors who are not listed are acknowledged as "X others".
These limits can be changed:
$wgContributorsLimitdefines the "intelligent cut-off" limit (default
$wgContributorsThresholddefines the edit threshold for additional users (default
Change log[edit | edit source]
A complete log of changes to the extension code (including internationalisation updates from third parties) is available from git. However, summarized information on changes between point releases is given below:
|2.0||2015-07-10||Change default behavior to link the user name, with option to not link|
|1.5.0||2014-10-07||Remove sorting options from SpecialPage inclusion, add parser function with sorting options|
|1.1.0||2014-06-13||Modernize code, add sorting options|
|1.0.1beta||2008-01-09||Beta release using wfLoadExtensionMessages|
|1.0beta||2006-06-01||Minor bug fix|
See also[edit | edit source]
- Extension:MostRevisors - lists pages with the most different editors.
- Extension:ContributionCredits - adds a ==contributors== footer on each page.
- Extension:AuthorInfo - displays a list of contributors.
- Extension:DynamicPageList - can produce lists of revision history for multiple articles. It can be combined with Extension:Ploticus to produce 'scattergrams' which show who edited certain articles (see Scatter Demo 2).
- Extension:Semantic Extra Special Properties - See property
- Manual:$wgMaxCredits - displays credits without requiring an extension
|Language:||English • português do Brasil|