Soliciting Project OwnersLooking for additional project owners. In addition to actively soliciting your suggestions for improvements and fixes, we'd like to have a more robust set of code reviewers and testers. You'll be in on plans and updates. All you have to do is request ownership here.
Release status: stable
|Implementation||Tag, Special page, Database|
|Description||Enables MediaWiki to store and manage bibliographic data and to use it within an article.|
|Author(s)||Robert Vogel (Talk),Tobias Weichart (Talk)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
Translate the BibManager extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
The BibManager extension enables MediaWiki to store BibTeX data and to use these entries within an article. It offers forms to create edit and otherwise manage bibliograpic data and allows import and export of BibTeX format. It has been developed in 2011 for the SaltWiki-Project of the Hornemann Institute by Hallo Welt! Medienwerkstatt GmbH.
Download[edit | edit source]
The extension can be retrieved directly from Git [?]:
- Browse code
- Some extensions have tags for stable releases.
- Browse tags
- Select the tag
- Click "snapshot"
- Each branch is associated with a past MediaWiki release. There is also a "master" branch containing the latest alpha version (might require an alpha version of MediaWiki).
- Browse branches
- Select a branch name
- Click "Continue"
Extract the snapshot and place it in the extensions/BibManager/ directory of your MediaWiki installation.
If you are familiar with git and have shell access to your server, you can also obtain the extension as follows:
cd extensions/ git clone
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Configuration parameters[edit | edit source]
- Wether or not to use JS for better user experience. Default is
- This is for future development. Default is
'BibManagerLocalMWDatabaseRepo'. You may implement your own repo by extending the abstract
- An associative array that defines the output format of the various entry types. Please take a look ah the
BibManager.phpfor an example.
- The namespace citation links point to. Default is
- The link to which the 'Google Scholar' link points. Default is
User rights[edit | edit source]
- User can access the edit special page. Edit links are shown.
- User can delete entries. Delete links are shown.
- User can add or import entries. Creation and import SpecialPages can be accessed.
Tags[edit | edit source]
To use one of the three BibManager-Tags proceed as follows:
<bib id="citation" />
- Get a link to the citation you have set up before (e.g.
<bib id='testing:2010' />points to the article
- List all the
<bib />tags embedded in the articles text (list in alphabetical order)
- Render list of citations. You can use the
filterattribute to influence the result. I.e.
<bibprint filter="year:2011|2010, author:hawkins" />will show all entries from the repository that are from the year 2011 OR 2010 AND have hawkins as author.
Further documentation[edit | edit source]
Ideas for futher development / TODOs[edit | edit source]
- Add additional fields like on uni-bremen.de on section Other fields.
- Implement API for remote access and shared repos
- Add a article <-> entry relationship table for automatic purging at entry change and sophisticated querys like Other pages using this entry
Licensing[edit | edit source]
© GPL, see subfolder "docs/"
Icons from famfamfam are used within this extension.