Release status: stable
|Implementation||User rights, Page action|
|Description||Allows the author of a page to protect it from other users|
|Author(s)||Ryan Schmidt (Skizzerztalk)|
|Latest version||1.4.0 (2017-11-25)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Translate the AuthorProtect extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
The AuthorProtect extension allows page authors to protect pages from non-authors on a page-by-page basis. Authors with the 'authorprotect' permission will gain a protect tab on pages they author that gives them access to this interface. Because logs and anonymous users don't mix very well (as with the fact that all anonymous users share the same user id), anonymous users are unable to use this extension regardless of if they have the 'authorprotect' right or not.
The extension can be retrieved directly from Git [?]:
- Browse code
- Some extensions have tags for stable releases.
- Browse tags
- Select the tag
- Click "snapshot"
- Each branch is associated with a past MediaWiki release. There is also a "master" branch containing the latest alpha version (might require an alpha version of MediaWiki).
- Browse branches
- Select a branch name
- Click "Continue"
Extract the snapshot and place it in the extensions/AuthorProtect/ directory of your MediaWiki installation.
If you are familiar with git and have shell access to your server, you can also obtain the extension as follows:
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'AuthorProtect' );
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.