This extension is currently not actively maintained! Although it may still work, any bug reports or feature requests will more than likely be ignored.
Release status: unmaintained
|Description||Provides embedded audio playback using WordPress Audio Player Standalone.|
|Author(s)||Ulrich Christensen (UChristensentalk)|
|Latest version||1.1 (2012-07-05)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
The AudioPlayer2 extension lets you embed MP3 audio files on your wiki via WordPress Audio Player Standalone.
- Make sure that the required software is installed before you continue!
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'AudioPlayer2' );
- Configure as required. (see also the examples provided)
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
To users running MediaWiki 1.24 or earlier:
The instructions above describe the new way of installing this extension using
wfLoadExtension(). If you need to install this extension on these earlier versions (MediaWiki 1.24 and earlier), instead of
wfLoadExtension( 'AudioPlayer2' );, you need to use:
- Update 5/16/2018: This step is unclear and the external link is now broken.
Set the path to WordPress Audio Player Standalone files which must be installed separately for this extension to work.
- If set, specifies the width of the Flash player when opened. (default width: 380)
$wgAudioPlayer2Settings['width'] = 380;
- If set, specifies the list of tags that this extension should handle, otherwise "player" is used. This setting is for interoperability and easy drop-in replacement.
$wgAudioPlayer2Settings['tags'] = array('player','audioplayer');
- If set, specifies the colours of the different parts of the player.
$wgAudioPlayer2Settings['colours']['leftbg'] = '00F80F';
<player> (or whichever you choose) tag can be used to embed MP3 audio content into wiki pages:
The following attributes can be used in
- sets/overwrites the title of the file being played. If not specified, ID3 data if available is used.
- set/overwrites the artist name for the file being played. If not specified, ID3 data if available is used.
<player title="Title">test.mp3</player> <player artist="Artist" title="Title">test.mp3</player>