Release status: experimental
|Description||Provides support for 3d file formats.|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
Translate the 3D extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
|Open tasks · Report a bug|
The 3D extension gives the user of a wiki support for uploading and viewing 3D models. See Help:Extension:3d for usage documentation.
It currently supports the AMF and STL file formats, which are common in the 3D printing field.
Short-term plan for Wikimedia production release
- Done Upload and hooks for 2D rendering code made into this extension
- phab:T132064 (gerrit:282211) - "Make Media Viewer pluggable for the 3d extension, videos, …" Done Code review for
- Done Deploy to Beta Cluster for testing, bug-discovery, and further editor feedback
- Request UI/UX input on possible fixes & improvements, in the short-term and medium-term
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( '3D' );
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Deployment of this tool:
- phab:T132058 - 3d extension supporting AMF and STL (3d printing files)
Other 3D file support: