Release status: experimental
|Description||Provides support for 3d file formats.|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
Translate the 3D extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
|Open tasks · Report a bug|
The 3D extension gives the user of a wiki support for uploading and viewing 3D models. See Help:Extension:3d for documentation.
It currently supports the AMF and STL file formats from the 3d printing world.
Short-term plan for Wikimedia production release
- Done Upload and hooks for 2D rendering code made into this extension
- phab:T132064 (gerrit:282211) - "Make Media Viewer pluggable for the 3d extension, videos, …" Done Code review for
- Done Deploy to Beta Cluster for testing, bug-discovery, and further editor feedback
- Request UI/UX input on possible fixes & improvements, in the short-term and medium-term
Rotation and zooming
It is possible to rotate the 3D object using either the keyboard (using arrow keys) or the mouse. Zooming in and out is also possible using the mouse.
|Camera rotate||Left mouse key hold and move|
|Camera rotate in place||Right mouse key hold and move|
|Camera zoom||Mouse wheel, hold wheel and move|
|Model rotate||←↑→↓ keys|
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( '3D' );
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Deployment of this tool:
- phab:T132058 - 3d extension supporting AMF and STL (3d printing files)
Other 3D file support: