Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page is obsolete. It is being retained for archival purposes. It may document extensions or features that are obsolete and/or no longer supported. Do not rely on the information here being up-to-date.
For the 2017/18 project, please see Contributors/Projects/Editing performance.
Improving the user-perceived performance associated with all aspects of the editing experience
- Instrumentation of VisualEditor
- Much of this is done. Timing data is being emitted from ...
- Rigorous definition of what needs to be tracked
- Correlation of changes in code to changes in performance
- Weekly report sent out automatically from the system that is interesting, clear and actionable
- How does it align with the goals of the organization?
- 2014-2015 Engineering goal: "Understand, measure, and monitor readership across projects."
- How does it align with other team's commitments?
- TechOps wants to make metrics a priority for the coming quarter, so there's opportunity for collaboration there.
- User requirements:
- Software design document:
- Test plan:
- Documentation plan:
- User interface design docs:
- Task management:
- Release management plan:
- Communications plan: