This page provides information about how to contribute to the Developer Portal.
- Repository: git:wikimedia/developer-portal
- Production site: developer.wikimedia.org
- Build info: developer.wikimedia.org/build-info.txt
Propose content changes
We would like to keep content on the portal limited. Pages should not duplicate other pages. Pages must be high quality and helpful. Please be aware of the user journeys. Pages which are proposed to be linked must follow the documentation guide for accuracy and consistency.
The proposed changes will be reviewed by the Tech Docs team.
Textual content is licensed under CC-BY-SA 4.0.
Propose code changes
To submit a code change:
- Set up your access to Wikimedia Gerrit.
- Set up your local development environment for the Developer Portal, and make the changes.
- Follow the commit message guidelines and the Gerrit tutorial to submit your change. The proposed changes will be reviewed by the Tech Docs team.
- If you see a test failure on your patch in Gerrit, make sure you have built the site to ensure that your changes are correctly reflected in the translation files.
Code is licensed under GNU GPL version 3 or later.
Translate content to your language
Please translate content on translatewiki.net. Your translations will be regularly merged into the codebase automatically. After a while, the latest codebase will be deployed on developer.wikimedia.org and translations will be available to anyone visiting the website.