Citoid/Zotero's Tech Talk
On February 29, 2016 a Tech Talk was hosted about "Automated citations in Wikipedia: Citoid and the technology behind it", presented by Sebastian Karcher (Syracuse University, Zotero).
Here's the summary he provided: <<The talk provides a very brief introduction to Marielle Volz's Citoid, the tool providing Wikipedia's new automated citations.I then focus on the technology underlying Citoid, Zotero translators, and discuss how interested users/developers can help improve that functionality to better serve the Wikipedia community.>>
Slides, video, IRC log
Full list: https://github.com/zotero/translators
Framework (easier to write, but less flexible, not covered)
Working on today
- Automated Tests:
chrome://zotero/content/tools/testTranslators/testTranslators.html(works only in Firefox)
- Documentation: https://www.zotero.org/support/dev/translators/coding
- Help on xpaths: http://archive.oreilly.com/pub/a/perl/excerpts/system-admin-with-perl/ten-minute-xpath-utorial.html (mostly xml)
- regular expressions “regex”: e.g. http://regexone.com/ is one option. There are many…
- Zotero developer group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/zotero-dev(make your code available)
- Or just submit your code as a pull request to https://github.com/zotero/translators/ — we’ll work with you
- After you have created a translator, please file a task against Citoid in Phabricator to request to pull it into Citoid (example).