Bangalore DevCamp November 2012/Topics/Design
Imagine a world in which every single person on the planet is given free access to the sum of all human knowledge, this is what we're doing and you are a part of this amazing mission. Present your ideas that can help make our mission a reality, to the people who develop wikipedia at DevCamp Bangalore on 9 November 2012. Here is what you need to do:
- Come up with your most creative ideas and concepts for the future design of wikipedia.
- Upload your sketches, wireframes or prototypes to Commons
- Explain your idea in a new section at the bottom of this page
- Indicate if you would like to present your idea to developers and designers at DevCamp Bangalore
- Designers from the Wikimedia Foundation will shortlist 4 entries ad will setup a live Google+ Hangout for you to present your awesome ideas to the people who have the power to make it a reality!
- Wikipedia homepage 
- Wikimedia homepage 
- Wikipedia on the mobile or tablet
- Language learning tool to help you improve your skills in your mother tongue
- Translation interface that allows people to easily translate page components, articles or image captions.
- A gamification system to make editing wikipedia even more fun
- Making uploading media to commons as simple as possible 
- Illustrated manuals, guides or infographics that can make using wikipedia easier.
- Integrating all wikimedia knowledge projects into a single interface.
- Make wikipedia beautiful.
Your ideas will be seen by people around the world, so if you have an interesting idea, be bold, you could help make the world a better place.
- Do I need to register for the event or come to Bangalore? No, you do not need to register or come to Bangalore. Your design proposals will be documented here on this wiki for developers to see, and the ones shortlisted by the Wikimedia Foundation designers will get a chance to present it live over video chat or screenshare.
- When is the last date of submission? There is no last date and this will be an open challenge. However, entries will be shortlisted for a live presentation to the attendees of the DevCamp at 3pm IST(UTC+5:30), 10th November 2012.
- How much time do I have for the presentation? What should I prepare? You will have 10 minutes to speak about your idea, the rational and the proposed design. This is followed by 5 minutes of open discussion. You can choose to use either your webcam or screenshare.
- What do I get in return?The possibility of having your idea live on wikipedia and touching the lives of almost everyone on the internet.
- Tell us why you chose to work on this topic and why it is useful for the future of wikipedia.
- Tell us how you came up with your idea.
- Explain your final idea, how it solves the original problem and what potential problems it could have.
Are you interested in presenting your idea live over Google+ Hangout? Yes/No -Name