Architecture committee/2016-02-10

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search
<< Architecture committee/Minutes

Attendees:[edit]

  • ArchCom: Brion, Daniel, Gabriel, Roan, Tim, Timo
  • Support: Megan (notetaker), RobLa (facilitator)
  • Observing: Volker

Action items[edit]

  • ACTION (Gabriel): write up API working group proposal
  • ACTION (Brion): write up Multimedia working group proposal
  • (done) ACTION (Rob) Create needs shepherd column (and move T12331 there)
  • (done) ACTION - assign to Brion as shepherd to T66214
  • ACTION (Tim): will look into a better top priority than T468
  • (done) ACTION (Daniel): will send email about mass migration to 5.5’s array syntax
  • (done) ACTION (Rob): update mw:Architecture_committee/2016-02-10
  • ACTION (Roan) - figure out which RFC should be his top priority
    • RobLa nominates T108655 "Standardise on how to access/register JavaScript interfaces"

Summary[edit]

  • Question explored: Should we have working groups?
    • Gabriel suggested an API working group
    • Brion suggested a Multimedia group
  • Last week+this week’s RfC office hour
  • RfC triage + meeting scheduling
    • MediaWiki-RfCs board “Inbox” column
      • T125865: Assign RFCs to ArchCom shepherds
      • T12331: Introduce article creation log
        • ACTION (Rob) Create needs shepherd column (and move this there)
      • T66214: Use content hash based image / thumb URLs & define an official thumb API
        • Do we need Gilles weigh in? Should this be in a multimedia working group?
        • ACTION - assign to Brion as shepherd
    • Queue for future RfC office hours:
      • Next week: T124365 REST API versioning
      • Following week: Assigning shepherds
      • Shepherd assignments (T125865)
        • This week:
          • @GWicke - T124365 REST API versioning
          • @brionT118517 [<figure> usage], maybe T120414 [editor plugin registry]?
          • @Catrope - still considering
            • ACTION (Roan) - figure out which RFC should be his top priority
          • @KrinkleT18691 RFC: Section headings should have a clickable anchor
            • Timo will bring it up in FE Stds
          • @daniel: T88596 Improving extension management
            • legoktm hasn’t been available
          • @tstarlingT468 RfC: CentralNotice backend improvements
            • ACTION (Tim): will look into a better top priority
        • Breakdown by person: T125865#2016261
  • Other business 0:30 (10 minutes)
    • Try setting up our first working group by or at the meeting
      • ACTION (Brion): write up Multimedia working group proposal
      • ACTION (Gabriel): write up API working group proposal
    • In draft CTO JD: “In collaboration with the ED and the Technology organization, own and advance the overall architectural roadmap, setting the vision and long-term strategy for technology at the Foundation.” (Lila's announcement)
    • Do or don’t: mass migration to 5.5’s array syntax (and similar changes), e.g. https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/269745/
      • ACTION (Daniel): will send email about this
    • Meeting summary for IRC meeting?
      • ACTION (Rob): update this URL: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Architecture_committee/2016-02-10
  • Next week’s ArchCom agenda
    • RobLa may not be available
    • Gabriel to lead meeting

Links[edit]