People present: Tim, Mark, Roan, Quim
RFCs to triage
- Next week's public meeting
- Kunal asks for this to be discussed in the next public meeting
- Approved: next week's public meeting
- Roan suggests this for the public meeting the week of the 15th of October
- Announcement of committee expansion
- Following meeting
- Next meeting (Oct 8): LESS and extension registration
- RFC meeting time rotation
- Phabricator workboard (fyi): https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/architecture/board/
- Procedure note:
- Agreed: strive to have multiple people looking at an RFC before approval, but an individual committee member may approve an RFC if they believe it will be uncontroversial.
Architecture Committee page
- create public RFC meeting agenda (RFCs to be discussed) to assess consensus
- discuss strategy / develop recommendations
Quim suggests a relationship between ArchCom and component maintainers -- https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Developers/Maintainers
Pending action items
- Roan to talk to Trevor about "Change LESS compilation library"
- Trevor says he supports it
New action items
- Tim to send email to wikitech-l requesting suggestions of RFCs that people are interested in working on. Also mention in public IRC meeting.
- Tim to note, as part of another email, that we are expanding the committee, details to follow.
- Mark to email all committee (+Quim) about expansion, plans for meetings, meeting attendance, etc.
- Tim to create Architecture committee. Others to please edit.
- EVERYONE: think about architecture committee roles page
- Quim to publish committee minutes for now