Admin tools development/Global contributions tool
This page is just a draft of what such a tool should have / look like. No plans exist yet to actually write it ;)
Currently stewards and SWMT use a global contributions tool (, aka luxo's tool) to track IP addresses and users who are spamming/vandalizing cross-wiki. This tool should be put in an extension, which would make it faster and better supported. bugzilla:26957 is tracking this.
- Work for both IP addresses and registered users (including non-global accounts)
- Run from any wiki - Special:GlobalContributions should work everywhere, like Special:CentralAuth
- Be fast and not kill the servers
- Shows all edits, not just recent ones (revision table - not recentchanges)
- Provide timestamp, page title + link, diff link, history link, edit summary, and whether the edit is still the current edit.
- Display local block info if a user is currently blocked
Would be nice to have
- Ability to see deleted/suppressed edits, depending on access level (may be hard crosswiki)
- If not, link to see deleted contribs
- View contributions of IP ranges
Random code thoughts
- For logged in users, we can optimize by only running the query where we know there are accounts that exist (CA's localnames table)
- Look into something like CentralAuthUser::queryAttached / CentralAuthUser::localUserData