|This extension has been integrated into the latest trunk version of the ConfirmEdit extension; However, I'm not going to support this fork as part of ConfirmEdit, until I release a final version of Asirra. Support and bug reports go on the Discussion tab only if you download Asirra from this page. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Bachsau (talk • contribs)|
Release status: beta
|Description||Adds a kitten auth system for page saves and other user actions|
|Last version||0.8 (03/28/2012)|
|Download||From Bachsau IT|
|Check usage and version matrix|
The Asirra extension provides a kitten auth system for protection against spambots and other automated tools. The Asirra service itself is powered by Microsoft. Users have to distinguish between images of cats and images of dogs, a task which proves to be easy for humans but difficult for bots.
See it in action! 
You can live-test Asirra on the Test wiki at http://test.bachsau.com/mediawiki/. Just edit the page, create accounts or whatever you want. It's just a test installation.
- Download the latest version
- Extract the archive to $IP/extensions/ directory
- Add to the end of LocalSettings.php:
- Installation can now be verified through Special:Version on your wiki
Configuration (optional) 
- $wgAsirraEnlargedPosition: [str] Can be one of top, bottom, left, right. Defaults to bottom.
- $wgAsirraCellsPerRow: [int] Number of images per row. Defaults to 6.
For other configuration options and user rights, please refer to Extension:ConfirmEdit#Configuration.
Internal server error 500 
In my case, I had to use the Asirra and ConfirmEdit modules from the ConfirmEdit package directory. This was tested on MediaWiki 1.20.2. See note on talk page for further information.
"Incorrect or missing confirmation code" even when users correctly identify the cats 
This means that you probably have $wgCaptchaClass set in LocalSettings.php.
It doesn't recognize that the cats have been correctly identified, even when they have 
Probably there's a problem with your paths. Use
- 0.3: Fixed a bug that kept users from registering new accounts
- 0.5: Fixed "Undefined property" notice in Asirra.class.php on line 30
- 0.7: Raised Connection_Timeout to thirty seconds. This often caused errors because of the Microsoft server being too slow. Upgraded ConfirmEdit components to 1.18.x
- 0.8: Asirra now uses its own directory, as it's a standalone extension. No code changes, no need to update.
Known bugs 
- Currently none