Wikimedia's Phabricator installation is used to track problem reports and feature requests related to MediaWiki code, other Wikimedia-specific components (such as extensions or tools), and Wikimedia wikis (such as Wikipedia).
Status[edit | edit source]
Bugzilla was migrated to Phabricator (see announcement on wikitech-l). All tasks and accounts (which need to get claimed by their users) were imported into Phabricator. Bug management or Bugzilla related documentation was updated accordingly. Details and a list of all the steps performed for the migration are also available. Bugzilla is still available at https://old-bugzilla.wikimedia.org - see Phabricator/versus_Bugzilla for more information and differences between Phabricator and Bugzilla. Bugzilla users which were default CC or default assignees of components in Bugzilla were contacted to join their corresponding projects in Phabricator. Change notifications to the wikibugs-l mailing list are disabled as they were considered too noisy. Availability of batch editing is currently restricted to members of the Triagers project. After the migration, several projects were renamed or newly created (such requests are handled in the Project-Creators project in Phabricator).
Activity scope[edit | edit source]
Bug management is a perennial activity. Anyone can contribute! Activities include:
- coordinating, triaging, and organizing the current bug reports in Phabricator
- writing documentation for bug management
- communicating awareness of MediaWiki deployments
Also see Bugwrangler for tasks.
Documentation[edit | edit source]
Note that this is work in progress. References to Bugzilla should be replaced by Phabricator.
For Bug Reporters[edit | edit source]
For Project Maintainers[edit | edit source]
For Developers[edit | edit source]
For Triagers / Bugsquad Community[edit | edit source]
- Triage: Definition of "triaging" and information on bug triage sessions
- Places (Village Pumps, forums) to regularly check for bug reports
- Useful queries in Phabricator
- List of upstream bugtrackers and URLs
- Project:WikiProject Bug Squad (inactive)
For Phabricator Administrators / the Bugwrangler[edit | edit source]
- Administrator permissions in Phabricator
- Admins: Create a task when changing projects to avoid work duplication and entropy and to understand reasonings. This excludes trivial changes like project descriptions.
- Status updates of the Bugwrangler (Note: The bugwrangler is employed by the Wikimedia Foundation to do bug management, see scope above)
- Working on Phabricator's codebase
- Plans and ideas of the bugwrangler what to work on - help welcome! (Might be outdated as we moved from Bugzilla to Phabricator)
- How to run IRC office hours on bug management