(Redirected from API:Client Code)
API Access Libraries 
Common Lisp 
- cl-mediawiki is a Common Lisp wrapper for the mediawiki API. It is available as a direct download, or (more conveniently) via quicklisp.
Delphi/Object Pascal 
- MediaWiki API Wrapper, based on ICS open-source sockets, with synchronous and asynchronous (event based) requests, requires the JEDI Code Library for dependencies.
- Bliki Engine - Java Wikipedia API - very complete. Can convert wikicode to HTML, DocBook or PDF.
- JavaWikiBotFramework - a Java library that makes almost all API functions accessible.
- Wiki.java — a simple one-class API implementation
- https://github.com/macbre/nodemw - Node.js client.
- mediaWiki.Api - A ResourceLoader module that ships with MediaWiki core, abstracts many API logic calls into simple one liners.
- jQuery.ajax - Not specifically made for the MediaWiki API, but most queries are very simple with one or two lines of using
$.getJSON( .. )or
$.ajax( .. ).
- JsMwApi A convenience wrapper around raw requests, with some helpers for editing and parsing.
- mwapilib - A kind of crappy layer overtop of the requests. Make JS gadgets easier.
- Luasóg - A framework of standard requests (e.g. log in, log out, read, edit, etc.) as well as a general wrapper method. Includes some helpful stuff like throttling. Project includes a rudimentary IDE for off-site development and execution.
- AutoWikiBrowser's WikiFunctions library has classes for editing and getting lists of pages via the API. See ApiEdit
- WikiAccess - a C#-library that makes some API functions accessible, has write API.
- DotNetWikiBot Framework - written in C#, based on Microsoft® .NET Framework 2.0 (Tutorial)
- MorebitsDotNet contains C# code for uploading files through the API.
- LinqToWiki, strongly typed library for accessing most of MediaWiki API, with support for autocompletion
- MediaWiki::API - A Perl module for interfacing with the MediaWiki API with file upload/download and editing support. (Debian package)
- MediaWiki::Bot - A higher-level Perl module with read and write functions. Easily extensible with plugins, for example to provide administrator functions.
- Perl MediaWiki API - An open source Perl module wrapping many of the MediaWiki API functions.
There are many PHP frameworks for the api, see here for a full list and comparison of frameworks.
- SxWiki - a lightweight, simple MediaWiki bot framework. (Unmaintained since 2008)
- Apibot - a modular, somewhat ambitious bot with overlayed UNIX-like framework
- Pywikipediabot - collection of python scripts (IRC)
- mwclient - a Python library that makes most of the API functions accessible.
- wikitools - Provides several layers of abstraction around the API.
- simplemediawiki - A simple, no-abstraction interface to the API (handles cookies and other extremely basic things)
- supersimplemediawiki - Very similar to simplemediawiki, except Python3 compatible
- MediaWiki::Gateway - Ruby framework for the API. Actively maintained until August 2012, tested up to MediaWiki 1.19, compatible with Wikimedia wikis.
- RWikiBot - a Ruby framework using the API. No releases since 2008.
- rbmediawiki - Another Ruby framework that uses the API. No releases since 2009.
- MediaWiki Tcl Bot Framework, includes IRC-RC Interface
Support Matrix 
See Also 
- Collection of bot libraries on Wikipedia, several of these use the API.