This is where I dabble with the CheckUser extension. I run it on my local test wiki. I have added several things thus far:
- An option to have the server return only a unique list of names that used an IP, not every edit. bug 4627.
- A reason box for logging bug 5044.
- Support for /17-31 CIDR ranges bug 8205
- A search box for the log (bug 6053 kind of).
- ONE date format, like "07:29, 19 December 2006 (UTC)"
- Adds user agent and XFF info to "get users" check bug 8290. This requires a good set of core changes.
- Deleted edits are left in RC (but not shown on recentchanges/watchlist stuff) and listed in checkuser results. (bug 3281)
- Data migrated to seperate CU table. The # of days this goes back is now independant of RC.
- For IP edit checks, the IP and XFF (if any) shows under each edit
- Support for IPv6
- Make the log a db table (resolves bug 7879 and bug 6053)
- A good idea is to have add a button to allow a user to have the results of a CheckUser emailed to them so they can be saved for the future. This is also bugzilla:5575.
- Results with many entries load them all on the same page. It would be better to make them viewable on different pages like with user contributions, with "(Newest | Oldest) View (Newer 50) (Older 50) (20 | 50 | 100 | 250 | 500)."
- This requires tokens or implicit session timeouts based on the user/type of check. Otherwise people could either bypass longing or the log would fire for each "next" click. Voice of All 02:00, 24 January 2007 (UTC)