Release status: stable
|Description||Automatically applies restrictions to Tor exit nodes with access to the wiki's front-door server.|
|Author(s)||Andrew Garrett (Werdnatalk)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
Translate the TorBlock extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix.|
|Open tasks · Report a bug|
TorBlock automatically applies restrictions to Tor exit node's access to the wiki's front-door server.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
- $wgTorBypassPermissions = array( 'torunblocked' );
User account permissions that bypass Tor blocks.
$wgGroupPermissions['user']['torunblocked'] = true; is set, so logged-in users will bypass permissions unless it is set to false.
- $wgTorLoadNodes = true;
If set to true, the extension will always try to load a list of nodes if there is no current list available in the cache. Loading the exit node list is expensive, so some wikis may want to set this to false, and instead have loadExitNodes.php be run as a cron job to update the node list.
- $wgTorIPs = array( '184.108.40.206' );
An array of IP addresses that the wiki server uses. Only exit nodes allowed to connect to these IPs will be returned in the internal list. Note: this is only used when the extension has to fall back to the Tor Project's bulk list service, rather than using the newer Onionoo protocol.
- $wgTorDisableAdminBlocks = true;
Disables existing Tor blocks made by admins.
- $wgTorAutoConfirmAge = 0;
- $wgTorAutoConfirmCount = 0;
- $wgTorAllowedActions = array( 'read' );
Permissions allowed to Tor anonymous users. By default, Tor users cannot create accounts.
- $wgTorOnionooServer = 'https://onionoo.torproject.org';
- $wgTorOnionooCA = "$dir/torproject.crt";
- $wgTorProjectCA = "$dir/torproject.crt";
By default, the extension uses a service called Onionoo, created by the Tor Project, to retrieve the list of exit nodes. Onionoo servers can be run by anybody, so a custom one (and its associated SSL certificate) can be set with these variables. The default is the Tor Project's own server.
- $wgTorTagChanges = true;
Mark Tor edits as such
- $wgTorBlockProxy = false;
Proxy to use, if not the default proxy
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|
|Other languages:||English • русский|